Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Love the One You're With- Simplified Bee

Another guest post by another fabulous blogger! I was lucky enough to meet Cristin a year ago in New York and I have been a big fan since. There is a lot to love about her blog but her guest post series "What Would You Do" is my favorite. So happy to have her here!
First off, I am so excited for the arrival of Marianne’s darling baby boy! I had the pleasure of meeting her last year NYC and I can confirm she's darling. And I just know she is going to be an amazing mother and hope she is enjoying this most special time with her newborn. Marianne, I wish you much love and sleep!

I am also thrilled to be part of Marianne's Love The One You’re With series. It is easy for many of us to focus on the aspects of our homes that need to change, rather than on the beautiful spaces that bring us joy and positive energy.

One such room in my home is our dining room. I love the the open and airy feel, the bank of beautiful windows and the furnishings. It is just a feel good space and a place I enjoy spending time with my family every day.
eclectic chinoiserie dining room hide rug
It’s an eclectic space and pieces have been added over time. An antique Chinese cabinet, reproduction French cane back chairs and a vintage chrome & glass display case have all found a home in our dining room.

Some of my favorite items in the room include various styles of artwork, a cow hide rug {added most recently} and a vintage chrome cart that I purchased at an estate sale. It was originally used as a TV stand, but today it makes a great tea or bar cart.
chic chrome bar cart retro
Thanks again to Marianne for the opportunity to be on this wonderful blog.

Thank you Cristin! That room is inviting and chic at the same time. I love anything that has the word "cane" in the description.

7 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh, beautiful post!

I really like the "bar cart"! I'm not a fan of bar carts usually but I'm loving this one. Great job!

Enjoy your day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

Loving the bar cart, the simple lines to it...perfect!

p-l-a-i-d said...

The bar cart with the large shell on the bottom is gorgeous!

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Thank you again so much for having me here today!

Enjoy your little one! My oldest just turned 9!

xo,
cristin

Hamptontoes said...

I was just on Cristin's blog earlier this week! Isn't she great? I need to meet both of you gals in person! The bar cart is fabulous, chic and practical at the same time. Loving the chairs too!

Marianne said...

So great you got to meet each other in person! I also love the bar cart, so stylish!

Kitchen Benchtops said...

Bar Cart looks great all year round but it is super fun to decorate them for the Holidays!